Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food Storage

So, I have known for quite sometime that I should have my food storage done but the thought of it exhausted me. Then, Trevor got on a kick about how we need to do it and he looked into it and then my mom, my sister in law, and me all decided to suck it up and do it. So after many calculations of just how much food (most of which I dont eat) we will need for a year we figured it all out. We had a long trip to costco and an even longer trip to the cannery. We were there for 5 hours and didn't stop moving, I have a new found respect for factory workers. I have never been this tired. We had the help of another group and a great guy named Fred who helped us do all of it in one night. When we first walked in and said we wanted to do it all, they laughed and said we would be lucky to get the flour done. But with much help and lots of non stop work we did it. I did labels and the oxygen packets and the actually canning machine while my mom and kristy filled the cans and fred then applied the stickers. The people were great to work with and I can't tell you how great it feels to have it done! It was lots of fun to do it with my mom and kristy- it was quite entertaining. Trevor came at the end and had to bring his truck becuase we couldn't fit it all in the Tahoe and there is no way Kristy and I could have loaded it all. This is everything I did tonight, not inlcuding everything from costco. Now, where to put it all!!! I am so grateful for the the church and for the guidance it gives us. The system they have for this is unbelievable- so it must be important! The cannery and I will have another date 30 years from now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment