Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thanksgiving- a little late!

So...this is quite late but better late than never, right? Thanksgiving was a blast this year. Since we live so close to both families we see both of them on holidays. This year it was at Trevors house so we spent most of the day there. His mom was in charge of a turkey trot so we all participated in that. My participation consisted of cheering them on since I had the worst cold I think I have ever had. Having to work retail didnt help either. I spent an entire week in bed while everyone else was enjoying the festivities, but it was actually quite nice to have a week to relax! This year my job was the rolls and pies. So, I used the Lion House recipe that my sister in law uses. I have never made anything involving yeast without my mom so this was quite the challenge. I think I called my sister in law every 5 minutes with questions. Surprisingly they turned out AMAZING! I was so thrilled! I made pies with my mom and sister in law the day before so we had a blast doing that. I usually just play with Liza and help them when needed :). All in all, we had tons of fun and love our families so much! Oh, and we saw Unstoppable which was a great movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment