Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Boys Weekend/Girls Weekend

Last weekend Trevor, my brother, and dad decided they wanted to hike a 14er in sub zero temperatures in knee deep snow. Why you ask, would any human find this fun and put themselves through that? Well, I have no idea. Mostly because that isn't my idea of fun but for these 3 it's heaven. I couldn't get that boy to leave Colorado for anything. My dad said there were many points throughout their 8 hour journey that he thought "this is it, we have to turn around" but Trevor wouldn't let that happen, so they made it to the top to find fiercely windy conditions and freezing temperatures. They snapped a few quick pictures then were on their way down. They were so tired when the came home my brother said someone needed to get Liza from him while he was walking down the stairs because he thought he might fall over. Trev is still sore.

While the boys were doing that....the girls went to dinner and watched a chick flick at home. It was lots of fun to hang out and have a relaxing night. Once Trevor got home we raced over to Grandma Nolen's birthday party and then on to one of Trevor's friends birthday. By the time we got home we were whipped (I have no excuse to be, but Trevor did) I had to beg him to come upstairs and sleep in a real bed. He didn't want to have to walk up the stairs. He amazes me everyday with how driven and adventurous he is. Don't get me wrong, I love physical activity and pushing my limits but I have to draw the line somewhere.










1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great hike. That is impressive in the snow. Good for them. I'm glad to hear that someone else's husband is crazy about the sports talk radio. When we first dated, I thought it was so weird. Odd enough, I'm totally used to it and fine with it.

    ReplyDelete