Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crafty?

So, as I have mentioned before, I am not good at crafts or sewing or being very creative. I would much rather hunt down a good deal then take on a tedious sewing project. Whenever I sew I get way too worked up because I hate unpicking or having to redo anything. My mother has to constantly remind me that it is part of sewing and I constantly remind her that is why I don't sew. Anyways, I decided to try the whole sewing thing since I got a machine from Trevor for Christmas. Well, I actually kinda like it (as long as everything goes smoothly). I wont lie and say I don't swear at my machine every once in a while, but it's kinda fun knowing how to sew. My friend Julie made all of these adorable onesies for her little girl Hadley so I tried to copy them for Brooklyn. With my mom's help I made some cute skirted onsies that I was very pleased with. Then, my sister-in-law asked me if I wanted to make a quilt. I first laughed because that seemed way above my skill level. I agreed only because she said she would walk me through the whole thing. It turned out SO cute and I love it. Hopefully Brooklyn likes it too because her mom put some serious sweat into that quilt. Lastly, I made a car seat cover since it seemed easy enough- and it was! It was lots of fun and kept me busy. By 11 am I am bored out of my mind and need something to do so these little projects are great. Now I just need this little girl to get here! (The iphone pics aren't great)


2 comments:

  1. How ADORABLE, Lauren! I love everything!! Those onesies are to die for. You're making me want to buy a sewing machine--even though I'm TOTALLY with you on the whole Type A perfectionist hates-to-mess-up deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these crafts Lauren! I know how valuable crafting can be when your waiting to go into labor! our little one came 11 days past her due date, and even though each day felt like an eternity, I'm convinced now that she came at the perfect time. I'm so happy for you guys, and would LOVE to get together soon! Hope labor and delivery go well for you.

    ReplyDelete