Thursday, January 5, 2012

Brooklyn's First Christmas


Christmas time is my favorite time of year. It's like a wedding. You are excited, you plan, you do a million things to get ready for it, and then BAM it's over in one day. I wish it was longer but it's not so I try and make the most of it. I put up the decorations, ordered Brooklyn's stocking (which didn't match ours exactly, thanks Pottery Barn), and shopped 'til I dropped. Brooklyn frequents the mall and actually loves looking around at everything that is going on. Having B around for the Holidays made it that much more fun. I was so excited to get her Christmas pajamas and Christmas books and a few other fun things. Shopping for infants is way cheaper than adults. And she will never remember the outfit and shoes I got her but it was still fun to wrap all the presents. Since Tausha got married 4 days before Christmas, there was lots of family in town which made it really feel like Christmas.

Christmas Eve is always a big deal in Trevor's family and it always takes place at his Grandma's house. Trevor dresses up as Santa and gives all the kids presents. Trevor as Santa is quite a sight to see. We played lots of minute to win it games, frosted sugar cookies, and listened to Grandma tell us stories as we all sat around. We had Christmas Eve brunch with my family at The Original Pancake house and ate ourselves sick but it is always worth it there. My mom bought all the girls outfits for the day but I guess I didn't get them memo she was supposed to wear it to breakfast so Liza and Rachel were all dolled up while Brooklyn was in her "Florida retirement home sweatsuit" as my dad likes to call it. It was cold, that's my excuse for the fleece sweat suit.

Christmas pajamas!
It won't be long til Brookie realizes Santa is Dad...
Trevor's little cousins were so cute with Brooklyn. Megan just adores her and B loves her just as much. We wish she lived closer so she could be our perma-babysitter!

We spent the night at Trevor's parents house because driving over at 6 am with a 6 month old didn't seem that appealing. We stayed up late and talked with the agreement the festivities would start at 6:30 am. Brooklyn slept through the first part so we saved her presents for last. She got so spoiled and got lots of fun toys, clothes, and books. All of these toys have made my days much more productive! We then went to church and headed over to my parents house. Liza could barely contain herself and while we weren't looking had already opened some of her presents. It was hilarious. My favorite present was a Vitamix blender (bring on the green smoothies) and Trevor's was probably his 6-day trip to climb Mt. Rainier. I guess it's a big deal because I had to sign a consent form saying I knew just what he was getting into. That's my mountain man. His present from me? A pair of mountaineering pants that are indestructible. He picked them out and I wrapped them. I don't get it, but I go along with it :) All of his crazy outdoor adventures may scare me a little bit, but he loves it, so I love it and try not to worry. I told him he had to up his life insurance policy!


Yes, my brother got a bag THAT big. I asked why and the response was, "when we climb Everest I will need this." Oh boy.
Liza loved her new sleeping bag we got her.


Christmas was a blast and we had so much fun spending it with our families. We are so grateful to have them close because it's holidays like these that help you realize family really is all that matters. We couldn't love our families more and are so blessed. Although Christmas was a whirlwind this year we didn't forget the true meaning of Christmas. We are so grateful for the birth of our Savior and all the blessings we enjoy because of it. I'm grateful that we have this holiday to remember Him and all he has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment