Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Brooklyn goes to the E.R.


Having a sick baby is the WORST. It is the saddest thing in the world. The stupid cold that has been going around got me and my little one. If only I could teach her tiny little self to blow her nose, it wouldn't have been so bad. I tried everything: make shift steam rooms in her bathroom, sucking her nose out, elevating her crib, humidifier. You name it, I tried it. We put her to bed one night and she woke up around 4 (which is way out of her norm) so I went in, fed her, noticed she was a little stuffy, suctioned her nose, and then put her back down as usual. We heard her coughing and ran in to bring her into our room. She was so tired and trying so hard to fall asleep on my chest but just couldn't due to her cough. She started coughing so hard she threw up. That's when we both looked at each other and said "We are going to E.R." On the way there she was so congested, the only way she could breathe was by coughing and she coughed the entire way there. With both of us nearly in tears (well maybe completely in tears) we rushed her in and they used a machine to suction her nose out while she screamed and looked at us for help. It was traumatizing. Seeing my little girl helpless and so sick broke my heart. Luckily, it wasn't RSV and they were able to suck it all out before it got to her lungs. She is finally better, and now getting a tooth. The poor girl can't win. Before the traumatic suction experience she was happy and adorable at the ER trying to breath. We could not have a sweeter little girl.



Finally feeling better and so happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment