Monday, July 16, 2012

Brooklyn's 1st Birthday

Our little Brooklyn will be 1 tomorrow, so we had her birthday bash last Saturday! Even though we had a party, bought her presents, and she ate cake, I still don't believe she is almost 1. Although, I would be okay with nursery starting at 12 months :) Seeing as her name is Brooklyn, we decided to have a New York themed party. Trevor said she only turns one once, so lets go all out! It was fun planning everything and getting it all ready. I may have turned into a monster the day before and had a party hang over yesterday, but it was so much fun. Brooklyn had a blast and loved having all of her close family and friends there. She got so many fun things and literally didn't know what to do this morning. She had so many new toys she couldn't focus long enough to play with them, she just went from one the next examining them. She is one lucky girl and has the best family and friends. My mom helped me SO much with all of the baking and I can't thank her enough! Everyone has been asking for recipes of the food, so I will post those next once I get my life back together. Brooklyn, we love you to the moon and back and the past 364 days have been the best of our lives. Happy Birthday baby girl!

The invite...

All the food!
 She liked the cake...and then wanted to share with everyone.
 Brooklyn and her BFF Ashlyn. Brooklyn clearly didn't want her to leave.


 The closest thing to real NY pizza. 
 Oh how I love this little girl.
 Brooklyn and her other BFF Hadley. Could those pig tails be any cuter?
 Brooklyn and her "papa"
 I made this apple piƱata for $1.50. Not necessarily the most structurally sound, but it did the job.

 Brooklyn got a new trike and wouldn't get off.

 This wasn't even prompted. I looked over and they were just loving on each other.
 The cake!! Trevor's mom had it made and it was amazing!! She was such a saint helping with the party!
 I told her it was her party and she could cry if she wanted to...



 She loved all the fun things she got...
 Especially the wagon from her cousins...she has to be pulled around before bed now!

Now, don't turn 2 too fast!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO Cute, seriously makes me a tear up a little to know that we missed it. I miss her (and you too of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so adore the cake! What could be more fitting than that?! Belated happy birthday Brooklyn! :)
    birthday cake brooklyn

    ReplyDelete