Thursday, July 12, 2012

New York Weekend

I constantly tell my mom I should have been born on the East Coast and she constantly reminds me that I wasn't, and to get over it. I have always loved New York City, and dreamed of living there my whole life. It's probably my favorite city in the entire world. I love the noise, the tall buildings, the amazing food, people watching, and seeing so many cultures on such a small island. The shopping isn't too bad either. My mom took me to NYC last weekend for my birthday (which is in a month) and it was a blast. Saying goodbye to Brooklyn about killed me. The poor guy at Paradise Bakery at the airport looked at me like I was a psycho as I handed him my credit card with my shaking hand while tears were going down my face. Trevor told me I wasn't aloud to go unless I agreed to have fun and not cry about missing Brooklyn. Once the plane took off I pulled myself together and the whole weekend was amazing. Trevor was a fabulous Mr. Mom and informed me he never wants to be a stay at home mom. Music to my ears.

We walked all day long, stopped for frequent Diet Cokes at every Chipotle in the city, shopped til we literally almost dropped, and ate some of the best food in the city (in my opinion). We spent a day in SOHO, which is my favorite part of the city hands down, wandered the park and the UWS, and walked the Brooklyn Bridge. Most trips to NYC involve most of the family wanting to strangle my mom and I because we are so particular about where we eat each meal. It was so nice to be able to wander the city until we found the perfect place, and we found lots of them. I'll be doing a post on my travel blog about all my favorite restaurants in the city, so check that out if you're interested. We walked so much I had shin splints one night, wedge sandals are NOT a good idea. We ended most nights with treats from a bakery, watching TV in the hotel, listening to the noise of the city.

I can't thank my mom enough for such a fun weekend, she is my favorite travel buddy. And I can't thank Trevor and his mom enough for watching Brooklyn so I could go! I am already missing the big apple, but the more I travel the more I realize Denver has stolen my heart and nothing makes me happier than getting off the plane and breathing in the Colorado air. It's the perfect compromise for a mountain main and a city girl.




These shoes were not made for walking. My feet are still recovering!


Levain Bakery is AMAZING



I am still regretting not buying these!





 This is my parents old apartment building on Central Park West



















No comments:

Post a Comment