Monday, July 27, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME

This last week, Trev and I made the 8 hour trek home to buy our new house! About an hour away from home, I saw lighting that wouldn't stop. Trevor then told me it was an electrical storm which entertained us for 45 minutes, literally it didnt stop for almost an hour. I commented "It's weird its not raining with all of this lightning." I spoke too soon. We had just gotten off the freeway and were on our way to Trevor's house when it instantly downpoured with pea sized hail. Never in my life have I been so terrified. Cars were stopped everywhere and I was yelling "dont hurt my new car" while trevor was yelling "DEFROST, DEFROST" as he was running red lights through major intersections to find cover. My hands were over my face and eyes. Neither of us could see a thing, total white out. We finally got to cover at a gas station and had to wait it out. Let's just say the tornando sirens went off in Littleton. But we finally got home, with no hail damage.

I thought going home would be so fun and relaxing but little did I know it was going to be so exhausting. We furniture shopped for 4 strait days, 9 am to 9 pm. I never want to see another couch, kitchen table, or bedroom set. the first day it was fun, oh yay we are getting a new house, and the second day I wanted to level every furniture sales person because all furniture means is me spending money! You would think I was deciding whether or not to send America to war, when really I was just deciding what couch i wanted. My mom and trevor wanted to kill me and then my brother politely said, "isn't it just a couch?" Wednesday we celebrated Trev's birthday, the big 24! we had a big barbaque and he got all of his presents. Thursday we headed to my parents house. Friday we had a very cool experience. My dad is a corportae sponsor for Zuma Rescue Ranch, which is a ranch in Sedalia that pairs battered horses with foster children to help both of them heal. My dad was on TV and then that night we all went to a charity event they were having. It was at a huge stable on 350 acres with beautiful views. The writer of Dances with Wolves was there and we got to meet him and have him sign our books. He was an amazing guy. It was an awesome experience. We then went to Big Bills pizza, yummmmmm. I'm craving it right now. Saturday I shopped all day and found nothing i wanted, so sad. But just being at park meadows mall made my day. we went to Benihanas on saturday to celebrate me and trevor and my brothers birthdays. I'm still full! We went to our new ward on sunday and loved it! we have such a nice bishop.

It is so weird to think I won't be in provo anymore. It was such a hard transition into college, who knows what it will be like to be in the real world. I wont miss Provo, but i will miss our friends and how close and easy everything is. We are by far the youngest people in our ward, but I think it will be fun. I'm up for the challenge and can't wait to start a new chapter in our life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment