Sunday, June 6, 2010

Estates Sales...


I went to my first estate sale this weekend and what an adventure it was! My friend Julie loves them and I have been dying to go so I finally had work off and went with her. We drove past mansion after mansion thinking we were going to be pulling up to one of those but instead it was an OLD house with lots of "treasure" inside. Her kids call them "treasure houses" and I now know why! We found lots of furniture and large pieces we wanted but couldn't fit them in the car. We decided Trevor's truck will be a great asset to the hobby :) We walked down into the basement and I laid my eyes on these bad boys- real wooden skis that were in pretty good condition. I paid a whole 12 dollars for them- well actually my mom did because she is going to put them in her house in the mountains. I also found a cool old frame that I am going to use for my gallery wall. My brother was so excited to actually try them on the ski hill- I'll let you know how that goes. I can't wait for the next one.
On another random note... I finally started my tea pot collection. I have a vision of eventually having a huge wall filled with my tea pots from all over the world- and cheap ones I find at TJ maxx haha. Trevor so kindly put up the shelves and I am loving how it is starting to look. Things are FINALLY starting to come together in the house- I'll post pictures soon.


2 comments:

  1. I love your tea pot wall! I have a tea cup wall in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute lauren! i need to see your place!

    ReplyDelete