Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love America


Can I just say that today may have been one of the best sporting days of my life. #1 on my list is watching Andre Agassi say his final goodbye at the U.S. Open while I stood crying the stands. This may be my #2. I was cleaning this morning with one TV on the world cup and the other on Wimbledon. I was rushing back and forth. I don't really follow soccer, but any global sporting event, I am obsessed. I watched and waited hoping they would score. I knew time was running out but I also knew they weren't going to lose. I continued to yell "just give it to Donovan!" I adore him. Well when this happened I was screaming and running around the house...


On another note, I watched John Isner play for 7 hours today and still not finish his match. It is 59-59 in the fifth set and they had to postpone play because of darkness. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. They didnt break serve EVER. I love tennis. And I now love John Isner. I have a feeling he will put that little French guy away early tomorrow.

...and Andy Roddick won.

I love America!!

1 comment:

  1. Found it! Hope yall are well. Too bad US couldnt have continued on. That would have been nice. Drew and I just went to a couple days at the wimbledon. It was great. That was the 1st major tennis tourni i have been too. My family is obsessed with Andre too. My mom and brother read his bio book that came out not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete