Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DIWJ

I have blogged before about how I wish I was more DIY savvy. I am clueless in this department. I am much better at finding sales then I am at being crafty. So, this all started with Trevor and I not having enough space in our dresser (which is because we bought a cheap IKEA dresser and some of the drawers don't shut because they sent us faulty parts) so we work with what we have. I had been meaning to buy on old dresser at a garage sale or something and refinish it. I was at my moms house one night and asked her what she was doing with my 10 year old dresser that was laying around and she was thrilled I wanted to get it out of her house. So I sanded it (turns out its not even wood but just cork inside) and was ready to paint. This is where my clueless-ness became a problem. So instead of DIY, I DIWJ (Do It With Julie). Julie is my great friend whose entire house has been refinished and painted and it looks like its strait out of a pottery barn catalog. she has a paint gun and was so generous to help me paint it. It turned out fabulous and I love it. I couldn't be happier and trevor immediately started switching his drawers so his clothes could fit. I'm addicted now and am constantly thinking about what else I can paint! Thanks Julie- you're the best!
BEFORE...
AFTER...

1 comment:

  1. love the new color! And I agree, sanding and painting furniture is fun!

    ReplyDelete