Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Baby's first Halloween

I always thought about what holidays would be like with a babe around, and, well...it's WAY. MORE. FUN. My mom was never the biggest Halloween enthusiast and dressed me in her old clown costume for more years that I would like to mention, I decided to fully embrace it. I will, however, give her credit for manning up one year and making me and my best friend Betty and Wilma- we rocked the trunk or treat that year. The other day she casually said "I should get out the clown costume" to which I quickly replied "NO!!" It's an ongoing joke in our family. I'm sure one year I'll make Brookie wear the clown costume. I got Brooklyn a cute lady bug costume one night, and an "i'pood" the other night. If you know Trevor it will make perfect sense.

For our pre-Halloween activities, my friend Emi put together a fun little outing to a pumpkin patch. This wasn't just any pumpkin patch, this was a pumpkin farm where you cut your pumpkin off the vine. Minus two massive blowouts, Brooklyn enjoyed herself. It was fun to get out and do something new this year.






Julie had her annual Halloween party that was as fun as ever. She knows how to throw a party. It was fun to get together with all of our good friends and eat lots of junk food. It's not as easy to not eat like you're pregnant when you're not pregnant. I'm working on it. It doesn't help that Trevor (who lives for handing candy out to the kiddos) told me to get lots of candy and a whole 4 kids showed up to our door. I should have listened to my mom's advice and bought candy I don't like. Oh well.


all the babes- this picture cracks me up
Steve Jobs and his "i'pood"
We went to our ward trunk or treat and had some great chili and cornbread before heading out to the cars to pass out candy to the little kids. It was freezing out that night but still lots of fun.
I'm certain they will find this funny 10 years from now


Having Brookie here for Halloween made me beyond excited for her first Christmas. I'm already planning obnoxious amounts of traditions. We will see how many I actually put in action. Having a little one around is more fun that I could have imagined and I can't get enough of her.

1 comment: