Sunday, November 13, 2011

Time Flies

I can't believe our little Brooklyn is almost 4 months old. Where on earth has the time gone? People always told me "they grow up too fast" and I never really took it seriously. Until now. She has grown up Way.Too.Fast. So fast that I may or may not have cried in the past week thinking about how I wish I had a remote for her to freeze these moments I can't get enough of. I think the whole newborn thing is done all wrong. How come when they are these tiny, precious little things you are recovering, exhausted, and totally clueless on the who parenthood thing? So unfair. Every day I think, could she get any cuter? Could I love her more? and well, every day I do.

It totally blows my mind how much I can love this little thing. It's crazy how 3 months is such a short amount of time but she has changed so much. Maybe it's because my little one already wants to stand on her own, hold her own bottle, and grab iPhones. She is past the point of cuddling and looks at me like "um...mom, I can hold my head up already, I'm too big for this whole cuddling thing." Sometimes she lets out her annoyed scream while I'm doing it but I still make cuddle. Selfish, I know. Everyday brings something new and she changes slightly every time I see that smiling face when I get her out of her crib in the morning.

As much as I miss her tiny little self and her being so dependent on me, I am loving watching her learn and grow everyday. I could stare at her all day long and just watch her take in and try and understand the world around her. I wish I could lock her up in the house and never let her have to face this crazy world, but hopefully by the time she is actually facing it, I will have come to grips with it. :) She is my whole world now and I couldn't love it more. Now that I have her, I totally understand what every other mom said about loving them. No matter how exhausted, frustrated, or stressed I ever get, it takes one little squeal from her to remind what is really worth worrying about.

I am thankful for her everyday and have loved every second of the 119 days I have had her. Now, if only pregnancy went this fast and the first 9 months went as slow at growing her did. Now that, is a genius idea. At least she is stuck with me forever. I am eternally thankful for that.

How did this little girl...

turn into this little girl so fast?


I love those cheeks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...she is to die for!! Those eyes! And her cheeks! What a darling little thing!! And i totally agree it goea wayyy too fast. It just keeps goingfaster and faster and i now belive those ladies at the grocery store who stop and tell you that "it seems like yesterday my 18 year old was this little." I need to meet that adorable little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete