Monday, May 7, 2012

Mt. Rainier

So...Trevor went above and beyond his normal crazy mountain man ways and decided to climb Mt. Rainier in Washington during the winter. It was a Denali prep course. Denali is 3 weeks long and he hopes to do that sometime in the future. I did not like signing the waiver saying I knew what he was doing, but boy oh boy, is this kind of stuff his happy place. He went with my dad and brother for 8 days of cold, tiring, fun. I would sum the whole thing up as 8 days of hell, hence why I wasn't on the trip, ha! The pictures look amazing and I am in awe of them. The called every few days from their satellite phone to say they were alive and that was about it. The didn't summit because they were in the middle of a winter storm and it was 0 degrees most days. The spent some days climbing close to 6,000 feet and others training saving people who fell in crevasses. The guides said he and my brother were the best they had seen. They said they woke up with ice on them and I won't even begin to explain the whole bathroom thing while on the mountain (I'll start dry heaving). I am so glad he got to check this off his bucket list and that boy amazes me more and more everyday. Brookie and I missed him lots and she was constantly saying "dada, dada" all week. Single moms are super heroes - thats all I have to say about that. The pictures will do all of the talking - I can't believe what they did!!! Congrats boys!















No comments:

Post a Comment