Thursday, October 25, 2012

Road Trip

Trevor and I have been wanting to get to Utah for a while now. Since his little sister is now at school out there and we have lots of family and friends out there, we decided to make it happen. It was a blast to see Taylor and be transported back to life in the dorms (which I don't really miss much. at all. the people, yes. the dorms, not so much.)

I always love going to Logan. Growing up, going to grandma's house there, was the ultimate vacation. It was this magical place where people had big backyards, horses as pets, dogs ran free, and kids got to play in barns. You could have told me unicorns lived there, and I probably would have believed you. I couldn't wait to get there, throw my coveralls on, and get all sorts of dirty while riding four wheelers. It was the polar opposite from life in Southern California. It was a bittersweet moment to take Brooklyn to the the exact Pretzel Maker my grandma always took me too. I miss her everyday. 

We had a blast staying with my cousins, Brooklyn was in dog heaven. One night she was literally pounding on the door screaming "doooog" and refusing to go to bed because she wanted to play with them so badly. She was an absolute trooper on the car ride over and didn't make a peep. I got pretty lucky with that cute girl. She may be a TV junkie after the road trip, thanks to the ipad, but I can deal with that later. 

We decided to head down to Provo for our last day to show Brookie (like she will ever remember this) BYU and so I could see some of my best friends' babies. I got to meet Court's little boy Ash and Jenna's little girl, Sunny. Both are the cutest little things and I loved that Brooklyn got to meet both of them. If there is one person on this earth that is cut from the same cloth as me, it's Courtney and I so wish she lived closer. You're moving to Denver, right? 


The ride home ALMOST ruined the whole trip. As soon as I can forget the drive from hell, I will have much fonder memories of the trip. The night before we left Brooklyn had the stomach flu and threw up all night long and I got zero sleep. She seemed to be fine the next morning so we headed out. I felt horrible since I woke up but figured it would pass. It didn't and I had a horrible stomach flu the entire ride home. I won't go into details because I would prefer not to relive it. I sat with my eyes closed for 8 hours with a migraine while puking every so often. Towards the end I started crying because, honestly, I really didn't know what else to do. We both laughed at the end because we couldn't believe what was happening. Trevor was a saint and did everything the whole ride home, unpacked the car, and let me go to bed. He got the flu the day after and now Brooklyn has a terrible cold/possible crup. We are like the walking dead over here but are finally feeling better. 

It was great to go back and see where we met, fell in love, and had our first place. Even better to take our little one with us. 

 I love seeing her love my Aunt's house just as much as I did growing up.

 Snicker residue on that cute face.


 We stopped at temple square on the way down and saw the City Creek Center. 









 Court and Ash
 Sweet little Sunny


No comments:

Post a Comment