Sunday, February 22, 2015

Christmas 2013

I was really excited to have a new baby around Christmas time. I thought it would be great since you are inside a lot anyways. We decorated ginger bread houses one night and it was so much fun. Brooklyn loved it and asked every day for the rest of the month if she would do it again. She made sure to show everyone that came over. We spent Christmas Eve with my family and did a Nativity for the first time. Since there are only 2 kids in the family, we have never had enough people to do a full nativity. It was so great. Davis was baby Jesus, of course. Trevor and I were Mary and Joseph and Brooklyn was one of the wise men. When she was in her costume and came around the corner Trevor almost cried. It was so sweet to see her being  a part of that. We decorated sugar cookies and ate wonderful fondue. Everyone in the family had a BAD cold and I was worried Davis was going to get it so I literally didn't let anyone near him. My brother claims he didn't see Davis for the first 5 months of his life, and that is kind of true. We went home, Brooklyn put her cookies out for Santa, they both got in the jammies and went to bed. I was excited for Christmas this year since it would be the first year Brooklyn was really excited and really knew what was going on. We decided to get her a bike but wasn't really sure what she was going to think of it. She loved it! She got art supplies and an easel and other fun things. Christmas is always a whirl wind. We then went back to my parents house right after and opened presents, ate breakfast, then went to Trevors parents. Sometimes its pretty overwhelming making the rounds on holidays but I am very grateful we get to live so close to family.
























No comments:

Post a Comment