Saturday, February 21, 2015

Davis' first few weeks at home.

I am going to be completely honest. I cried for days when I found out I was pregnant. Mostly because I was so worried about Brooklyn, and it not being the two of us anymore, and how life would be with two kids. I was a hormonal mess, but that is besides the point. Brooklyn and I did everything together. She was my little side kick and it was so awesome. Needless to say, I was a little worried about the dynamics once we had two. I was SO excited, but still very worried. I had no idea how full my heart would be and how great it would be. It definitely took a little while for me to fully adjust. I always get the baby blues for a few weeks (my least favorite part of the whole process). I remember crying thinking Brooklyn thought I was abandoning her and all other sorts of irrational things. She did so great with him coming home. I would come back to the room and see her laying next to him or wanting to hold him or giving him kisses. It was the cutest thing ever. Davis literally slept ALL the time. He would always be on the couch with his soft blanket and turn towards the inside of the couch and pass out for 2-3 hours. He could sleep through anything. I remember thinking I should have him napping in his crib but I love having him on the couch in the middle of it all. He was actually much smaller than we thought. Newborn sized clothes were big on him, which never happened with his sister, haha! He pooped every time he was awake. Basically every time you looked at him, he would poop. It was ridiculous!! After the first week, he was starting to get really fussy every time he was awake. He would just whine and whine and cry and cry if he wasn't being held. I remember thinking " oh boy I am going to have the baby that cries all of the time!" After talking to my cousin, whose little boy had acid reflux, I started to think maybe that was it. I asked the doctor and she said to put him on medicine for it and within 24 hours my happy baby was back! I never knew my heart could love as much as it did after having Davis.

 I remember laying in bed with these two, thinking "is this real life?!"





 Brooklyn loved the swing and would always pretend to be a baby in it.









No comments:

Post a Comment