Thursday, February 19, 2015

Davis is here!! 12.1.14

After our friends left Saturday morning, we got everything ready around the house and went to bed that night knowing we would be going to the hospital early that next morning. I was pretty nervous since Brooklyn's birth was nothing short a nightmare (the birthing part, she was the best thing ever). I went in and they checked us in and I LOVED my nurse. She was like "we won't have you push for long at all!" I got my IV (ouch) and then we turned on a show on the iPad and just hung out while the Pitocin started working.

Side note: I loved my doctor and was so sad to get a call a few days before that she had to leave for a funeral. I actually freaked out but decided I had to deal with it. 

The nurse came in a I was around a 5 so they were going to break my water and then she was like "I don't think I feel a head" so she went and got the doctor and they got the ultra sound machine and realized he was completely flipped and was feet first. They said they had no choice but to do a C-section. I immediately started freaking out and asking questions. I had already gotten my epidural, which was a breeze, so they then had to give me a spinal tap to numb my stomach and then I felt like every time I laid back down I couldn't breath. I remember just crying because I was so scared. They said he would be here in about 15 minutes. The wheeled me off to the surgery room and put a blanket up and then all I really felt was a lot of pressure but no paid. They said to Trevor "you can take pictures now" and he said "OF THAT?!" He was totally freaked out seeing my insides. I am so glad I didn't see any of that. I felt like I was in la-la land the whole time. They weighed him and said "wow, he's a big boy" weighing in at 8.5 lbs. The brought him over for me to see him and he was oh so cute. They wheeled us off into recovery for an hour where Davis immediately pooped and lost almost a lb within a few hours. They still don't know what his accurate birth weight was haha. 

It was super painful the next few days and drugs were my friend. I got an air bubble in my shoulder that hurt SO bad. I couldn't lay on that side or even move that arm. Davis kept losing weight so they kept doing check after check after check until 2 days later he finally was back to where they wanted him to be. He was the easiest baby. Never really cried at all. We had so many visitors, it was great. 

I actually really like being in the hospital cuz it forces you to slow down and enjoy it but after 4 days I was going NUTS and wanted to see Brooklyn SO bad. I felt so guilty being away from her. She was being spoiled by her grandmas and having the time of her life, but I missed her so much. She wasn't overly interested in Davis but didn't mind him haha.

I remember being terrified to get my staples out and that really was the least of my worries. Davis slept great but wasn't the best eater but not the worse. He loved to snuggle and was almost content. Taking him home was so exciting. Kenna had our house cleaned as a gift and it was the best thing ever. I remember walking in the door so excite to just finally be home.
























No comments:

Post a Comment