Friday, August 3, 2012

Brooklyn @ 12 months.

I can't believe how fast time flies when you are having fun with a little one. I can't believe this time last year she was 7 lbs 14 oz and the tiniest thing we had ever laid our eyes on. Now she is an independent, adorable, and often opinionated little girl that we couldn't love more. There is nothing better in this world than her big smile, belly laugh, and cuddles. Nothing. We are so excited to see what this next year brings and to watch her learn and grown, and try to keep up along the way!

 I have another little blog where I write down everything about Brooklyn's life for my own eyes but I figured this was a big milestone so I'll post it here for my family and friends to read.

-she started walking and chooses to when she feels like it. I guess she is smart enough to realize she is much faster on her knees than on her feet :)
-waves to everyone she sees. She goes through the grocery store saying "hi" and waving to everyone. Trevor told someone at Noodles the other night that she was running for president and he said "she's got my vote".
-has to have 2 stuffed animals and her fleece blanket with her when she sleeps, no exceptions. She also has to have them for when she gets out of bed. If you go to pick her up she grabs them all, puts them on your shoulder, and then cuddles you until she is fully awake.
-loves lids to anything. lotions and vaselines are her favorites.
-is beyond ticklish and has the cutest belly laugh there ever was.
-is all too familiar with the word "no". She also learned how to shake her head when she doesn't want something. It actually makes things easier. I always wonder what she is really trying to tell me when she jabbers.
-rarely keeps a pony tail or bow in her hair. It involves lots of dancing and toys to distract her enough to forget it is in there. But she just looks so cute with them, I have to give it a try every day.
-threw her first tantrum the other day and we could not stop laughing. She literally threw herself on the ground and screamed and then looked up at us to make sure we were watching. Boy, oh boy, do we have our hands full with this one!
-started drinking out of her sippy cup. she LOVES water. It's like she ran 10 miles and is dehydrated every time she sees water. And she makes the infamous "ahhh" noise after her big gulps.
-baby food? no  thank you! she has decided mashed up, nasty vegetables are just not for her anymore. I can't blame her. I dry heaved a little bit every time I had to open the green beans.
-she loves Chipotle! beans, rice, cheese, tortillas, and chicken make for a very happy girl.
-loves the pool and water. she will play in the water for as long as I will let her.
-she laughs when she hears other people laugh and often cracks herself up. There must be something pretty funny in the back seat.

Thanks for the best year of our lives, Brooklyn! We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment