Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lime Brownies

My favorite type of lime treat is the kind in my Diet Coke, but I do like lime in almost anything. I made these for the first time last week and have had a few people asking for the recipe, so here it is. They are delicious, very delicious!

Lime Brownies
  • 1.5 cups (plus 2 Tablespoons) flour
  • 2 cups (minus 2 Tablespoons) granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick butter (softened)
  • 4 eggs
  • Zest and juice of 3 limes
Frosting
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
  • 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
  • 1/2 bag (about a pound) powdered sugar
  • Zest of 2 limes
  • Juice of 1 lime
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Spray 9x13 pan with Pam
  • Cream together the butter, sugar, lime zest, and lime juice
  • Beat in the eggs
  • Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined
  • Pour into the greased pan, and bake for 30 minutes
  • Set aside to cool
Frosting Directions
  • Cream the cream cheese and butter together
  • Mix in the zest and juice
  • Gradually beat in the powdered sugar
  • Spread onto the cooled brownies
I should have taken a picture but forgot, so you're just gonna have to trust me!

1 comment: