Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Georgetown 1/2









Last weekend, we ran the Georgetown Half Marathon. We decided last minute, so we weren't as prepared as we would have liked to be but we both had a blast. My dad and sister in law ran it as well. The course was GORGEOUS (love my CO mountains) and the weather was perfect. After the race I actually thought "wow that was so much fun, I want to do it next year". That is quite the step up from usual "why the heck do I ever run races? I want to die". We went up to the mountains the night before and Brooklyn stayed with my mom in Denver. Everyone came up to meet us at the finish line. We finished the day up with some swimming in the mountains and dinner at the Chart House. All dinner rules went out the window and anything that kept them quiet was a GO! Super fun weekend. Trevor ran it in 1:42 and I ran it in 2 hours. I would call that a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment