Wednesday, June 1, 2011

D Bar

If you know me really well, you know that i LOVE food. I love trying new restaurants and unique places in every city we go to. It drives most of my family crazy that I put so much thought into where we are going to eat dinner. I can spend hours researching restaurants before a vacation. Maybe thats why NYC is my favorite place on earth - endless food possibilities.

Sadly, one of the downsides of living in suburbia is the lack of mom and pops and the surplus of chains. Downtown Denver is such an amazing city and Trevor and I always wish we spent more time down there so we recruited one of Trevor's friends to take us to a new place downtown and, as expected, he didn't disappoint. He refused to tell us where we were going so it was a total surprise when we showed up to his house. We ended up going to D Bar, which is owned by Keegan Gerhard, who judges all the cake contests on the Food Network. The food was beyond amazing and the dessert was, well lets just say if he is judging contests it's probably because he has won all of them. I had a fried chicken sandwich with belgian waffles and sweet potato fries (sounds weird, i know) and Trevor had Kobe beef sliders that he says were the best he has had. Dessert didn't disappoint either. I had to be rolled out of there. It was so much fun to catch up with good friends and eat good food. We can't wait until we have our next adventure downtown. Thanks Ben!





4 comments:

  1. ok seriously that chocolate cake is calling my name

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this place! I'm glad you discovered it! PS I just found you're blog and it's fun to catch up on you and Trev's life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love it! We live exactly six blocks north of it. We walk down there sometimes. We need to go to lunch again soon, because I have hundreds of fun downtown places to introduce you too!

    ReplyDelete