Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pregnancy

So... I have 3 weeks left and I haven't really documented anything. I'm sure some day I will regret that but right now I am way too tired to think that far ahead. I have taken pictures throughout, but haven't documented what weeks I was at so I guess those won't be very helpful either. I guess there is something about documenting getting larger that doesn't appeal to me, go figure.

I have this natural talent of putting things off and doing them last minute (if you know my mother you know that I must have been switched at birth.) She is the most organized woman there is. She has been a LIFESAVER the past few months. My nursery may have never gotten finished if not for her. She took all of Brooklyn's clothes (which is way too many than any infant needs) washed, and ironed them and then brought them back to me in bins organized by size. She came out on multiple days to help me de clutter my house, and then deep clean every square inch of my house. I'm talking baseboards, windows, everything. She knows me too well and knows that I need everything organized BEFORE Brooklyn comes for my sanity and Trevor's (he is just as organized as my mom). I'd like to think, and you'll have to ask Trevor to validate this, that I have been quite on top of everything since! Mission accomplished mom. Thanks!!!

It is finally hitting me that she will be here in 3 weeks. I have avoided really thinking about it because it made time just drag by. I have the next 10 days planned out so I never have down time. That way I don't have time to let anxiety or stress get the best of me :). I am SO excited to have her here. 9 months is a really long time when you're pregnant, much longer that I thought it would seem. I keep picturing what she will look like and if she will have hair or not. Trevor is hoping my brown eyes aren't going to ruin our chances of Brooklyn getting his blue eyes. Maybe she will miraculously be blonde with blue eyes. I am super excited for our lives to change but can't believe it will never be just Trevor and I again, how crazy to think about! It is going to be the best change to ever happen to us.

I am going to miss feeling her move all day long, she is an acrobat in there. I love just laying down and watching my stomach move. I won't miss my joints throbbing every night when I wake up, feeling like a whale, having to sleep on my side, and not being able to eat turkey sandwiches (what else are you supposed to eat for lunch?). It's been quite the journey but one I wouldn't trade for the world. I am so grateful we get to have our little girl here in 3 weeks. I'm just hoping Trevor will still tie my shoes for me when I don't have a belly, that has been a perk :). And I'm hoping she makes an early appearance for my sanity, a girl can dream right?

1 comment:

  1. lauren! i came across your blog and LOVE IT! im pretty sure you're almost ready to give birth soon. send me your email on fb so i can invite you to ours, i made it private :) hope you and trevor are well

    ReplyDelete